Built as a ski lodge in 1945, The Summit Tow was a favorite destination for winter fun in Holden Massachusetts until 1955. Purchased in 1964, the Parker family turned the property into a horse farm raising champion Appaloosas and Quarter Horses.
Originally the traceable roots of the property was first as a farm owned by Welcome Aldrich in 1866. In the early 1900's, a 45 room hotel called the Summit House, stood at the highest point of the property. Guests would take the train out of the city to come to the country for fresh air and the cool summer breezes. The Summit House burnt in August 1915.
The stone barn made a beautiful venue during farm weddings in 2016. Unfortunately, The Town of Holden rescinded the permission they gave us to hold weddings on our farm.
Currently, the stone barn is used for drying lavender after its harvested and for workshops, demos and talks during Lavender Celebrations.