After working with Golden Girl Granola to come up with a Granola recipe using our lavender, we searched for a granola cookie recipe that we could customize to our own. And here it is. So easy to make and so yummy! We think that adding a touch more lavender to the recipe brings out the lavender flavor. You can do this by creating your own Lavender Sugar, or adding a teaspoon to the recipe. Be sure to contact us if you are looking to purchase dried lavender.
- ¾ cup melted butter
- ½ cup white sugar* or Lavender Sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ¾ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Golden Girl Lavender Lemon Granola
- 1 teaspoon dried culinary lavender (nice to add IF you aren't using Lavender Sugar)
* We like to make a Lavender sugar that we use in this recipe as well as other recipes. Take 2 cups of sugar and 2 Tablespoons of culinary lavender and process in a food processor until the lavender is ground fine. Store in an airtight jar. You would omit the 1 teaspoon of dried culinary lavender if using Lavender sugar, and use 1/2 cup in this recipe instead of white sugar.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter and mix with sugar and brown sugar in large bowl until sugars are dissolved.
- Add vanilla and egg and mix until thoroughly combined.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and lavender (if using).
- Add dry ingredients to the bowl with the butter mixture.
- Add granola and mix until a dough forms.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonful onto a greased cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes for a chewier cookie or 12 minutes for a crunchy cookie.