Follow along as we create a Rustic Farm Wedding Venue
On top of the hill, at the summit stood a massive 45 room hotel. Guests would come out via the train to go tobogganing in the winter and enjoy the cool breezes in the summer. The hotel burnt to the ground on August 6, 1915 with everyone escaping.
In the 1940s a stone structure was built to accomodate a ski lodge. A massive fireplace is the focal point of the building where the skiers would come in to warm up after skiing. This was used as a ski lodge until 1955. The painting of the trails still exists on one of the walls.
In 1964, a 2nd floor gambrel styled room was added as a hayloft and the stone building became a 5 stall barn for Appaloosa horses. It was renovated with 4 horse stalls in 2000.
In July 2015, permission from The Town of Holden was given and the decision was made to spruce up the stone barn for rustic farm Weddings & Events.